Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Library Appearance

My first public appearance (as a writer) is coming up fast. January 17th I will be at the Canterbury Public Library to inform people of my writing and to encourage aspiring writers.

I'm honestly feeling a bit nervous because I've never been strong in front of a lot of people. My thoughts tend to fly out the windows! But I'll have to get used to it and the librarian is advertising it in the Norwich Bulletin so I will have to be prepared for a decent sized group.

I do hope it's only a few... it would be a much easier break in to public speaking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very exciting Scott. We'll be praying for you. I'm sure you'll do fine. :)
Kelley

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying too (as I always do). I'm very, very proud of you, Scott, and impressed with your diligence. (This is only the 2nd blog I've ever visited and the only one I've left a comment on. You should feel privileged.)
Love, Mom

Thailian said...

Today is January 17th, and on viewing your first appearance I must admit myself to being very impressed as well as inspired. I have found you story, from what I have heard, to be very fascinating and I plan on purchasing a copy when released. I must dub your first public display to be a five star rating *****. I hope to see further interviews and public displays in the future as well as enjoy another conversation.

~Kyle Sheehan

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.