Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Update on "Swords of the Six"

I finally heard from AMG Publishers regarding Swords of the Six. The editor assures me that my novel is the first on their agenda for their next new product meeting. They are waiting on one editor to return from a mission trip. He said I can expect the meeting to happen at the end of this month or the beginning of next. Really that is only a few weeks away. I've waited this long... I can wait a little longer.

In the mean time I've been reading a lot concerning starting my own publishing company and book marketing. This will help me prepare for next year's release of my novel. One way or the other I will publish this book no later than next year. My readers have waited long enough and I want to reward them for their patience and loyalty.

3 comments:

Seedshakers said...

That is wonderful news Scott!! It will all come into place in God's perfect timing. :) I hope you have a *great* weekend!

Shayna

Robert Treskillard said...

I'll be praying for that meeting and that one way or another God's blessings will be upon your writing.

Author Scott Appleton said...

Thanks Shayna... And it is good to hear from you again Robert! How's the writing going? Have you finished reading SoTS?

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.