Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Saturday, June 7, 2008

"The Little Children Come" Published

Long Story Short, the ezine, has released my fantasy story "The Little Children Come" in their archives. This work is clear allegory and one of my favorites (if I may be permitted to say that of my own story!) It examines the faith of a child who trusts in Christ without reservation, contrasting it with the doubt of those who refuse to believe. But I don't want to say too much about it for fear of ruining it for my readers. Follow the link I've placed under 'My Published Works' and open the 'fiction' tab when you reach the Long Story Short main page. My story is at the top of those listed there . . . And of course I would love to receive feedback on this story right here on my blog. So once you've read it please comment here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, I just wanted you to know that your "expanded" version of "The Little Children Come" that was recently published is very good. I realized that you had worked on it and developed it more from your Short Story notebook. Your stories often provoke thought as well as emotion. Keep it up! God will use your words in a mighty way, I am convinced.

Praying for you!
Mom S.

Author Scott Appleton said...

Yes, I submitted the story to one magazine and they rejected it on the basis of its length. After some consideration I decided to write the back story, thus making the original piece the end of the story. It worked: the next magazine accepted it. Thanks for the feedback and the prayer!

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.