Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Truth of Salvation and Sin

Lately I have spent a lot of my thought process on considering salvation and the sinner. The depths of Christ's atonement are unfathomable and often our finite minds seek to understand how full pardon from all sin is possible. There have been times in my life when I questioned wether or not I had truly been saved. But always my heart turned back to the mercies of Christ and my seeking was rewarded with contentment; peaceful satisfaction in the grace offered by God to sinful mankind.

I would like to see a conversation started on the topic of sin and pardon and the acceptance and/or denial of God's pardon. What are my reader's thoughts on the matter of sin and the Christian? What are your thoughts on the change that occurs in a person who is saved? Are all truly saved individuals able to overcome habitual sin and press on toward perfection? I have more thoughts on this but I would like to hear from others.

Please use the comment link to converse on this topic. And I would love to see both my Christian readers and those of you who are not, discussing this. Christ encouraged people to think on his teachings and he said "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.