Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Treading Water/Dog-paddling

Well, dear readers, seeing as I have not posted for so long. I think it is time I say something here so that you'll have something to read!

The novel is coming along. The new prelude is making a great impression with my trial readers. It takes the opening of the story to a higher plane of action, suspense, and drama.

Also, Amber Hill is chipping away at the spot illustrations. They are turning out amazing.

Too, my fiancee and I are busy with wedding plans. It is a very exciting time for us. We're very much looking forward to having a place of our own.

And there! That's that! The scoop. I'm making slow progress, steady but slow. I feel like I'm in one place in a pool and I'm treading water, just waiting to swim to my destination. That destination is clear but it is not here yet.

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.