Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Monday, August 10, 2009

Opening More Doors

-Borders-
BOSTON, MA -Financial District
Notes: I'd long anticipated my first signing in a high-volume store like this one in Boston. And I was not disappointed. My wife sat at the table toward the back of the store and I handed out bookmarks and teaser cards as customers entered the building. I must have distributed over 200 handouts and we sold around 30 books. It is great to see the work I put into this series over the past 5 years paying off!

-Borders Express-
Westfarms Mall in Farmington, CT
Notes: This event started slow. I only sold 5 books in the first hour. But after 1 o'clock hit sales snowballed. We sold 24 books and the staff said I can come back anytime I want. I'm going to do another signing at this store. It is fascinating to me how the BordersExpress and Waldenbooks stores seem to consistently sell my book so well.


So, WHAT'S NEXT? I've been asking myself that question for the past two months as sales for Swords of the Six continue to rise despite the fact that I have only done this in the time I have available away from my night job. God is in my writing endeavors; I know that. But more and more my focus at my hourly job has been difficult to maintain. My wife and I talked it over and we reached a decision: August will be my last month in the factory. Starting the first week of September I'm going back to writing and book-promoting Full-Time. I feel great about this decision. Here's the Plan:

September - November Book signings in all of New England

December until whenever! My wife and I are packing, moving out of our apartment, getting in the car and driving out to Indiana to start a national book tour that will include Atlanta, GA.

If you would like me to do booksignings in your area, just comment here or send me an email spappleton (at) gmail (dot) com

11 comments:

Araken said...

Any chance you can stop by Cincinnati?

Nathan Petrie said...

Yeah, I'm in the Cincinnati Ohio area as well. It'd be cool if you could stop by me especially since it's near Indiana....kinda
I've been meaning to grab your book so that would be the perfect opportunity.
Shoot me an email at nathanpetrie@ymail.com I once set up a couple signings for Bryan Davis...I'm sure I could find a place for you.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott. Are you and Kelley coming back here (CT) once you are done the book tour out "west"?

Author Scott Appleton said...

Yes, I am planning to stop by Cincinnati. The first leg of my trip will be to Indiana where I'll do signings in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Kentucky area. I'll send you an email, Nathan.

Author Scott Appleton said...

Hello Anonymous (who are you?)
No promises. If God opens the doors elsewhere... who knows?

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Kelley's.

Nathan Petrie said...

Mr. Appleton...I just realized that there are two Cincinnatis lol.
Hope to see you on the tour though! Maybe I'll have your book read by then ;)

Araken said...

Cincinnati Ohio!

Author Scott Appleton said...

Araken, Did you have any particular stores in mind in Cincinnati that you would like to see me at? Also, I could still use some people to host us for a night or two. If you and your family are interested just email me.

Araken said...

I hadn't really given the store much thought; I have no idea how to set up a booksigning. What would I have to do?

I'll have to ask my mom...

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Mr. Appleton, I've got a school library, you'd have to bring your own books, a creative writing class, a Christian club, and possibly a Family Christian and a Borders. Naturally for the stores I don't have authority over, or the schools for that matter, but I could certainly find contact info if you'd like.

Take care!

-Nathan Petrie

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.