Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Monday, January 7, 2013

The importance of visualization

You have heard the adage "Don't judge a book by its cover" but how often have you found that to be true?

When I look for a new book to read, especially if it is fiction, my eye turns first to the intriguing, unique, and beautiful covers. With fantasy novels I think this is especially important. Without good art the reader will have  a poor understanding of the type of story that is hidden between the covers.

Introducing the latest artist to do a book cover for me, Petra Rudolph. I discovered Petra on Elfwood and proceeded to explore his website. He is highly talented. You can learn more about him and his work at Dracoliche.com

The sketch you see here marks the beginning of the upcoming cover for Neverqueen book 1. I hope it intrigues you! This book will released Fall 2013 along with book 2 in this new series. Neverqueen is an expansion of The Sword of the Dragon series.

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.