Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Monday, April 2, 2007

Update

For those of you wondering what's happening with Sword of the Dragon: Offspring: Today I begin one final, mainly grammatical, edit. Mom worked hard last week to go through the manuscript for me. She has a sharp eye for this kind of thing--especially after homeschooling three kids straight through highschool.

My goal is to finish going through the manuscript and making the necessary changes within the next two days. Dan Penwell (AMG Publishers) and Mary Beth Chappell (Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Literary & Entertainment Agency) are both waiting on it, so I will print up two copies and mail it out to them (I'm planning) on Wednesday.

The second novel, The Key of Living Fire, is plotted out now and moving along at a slow, albeit steady, rate. I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am intrigued ...do you, by chance, have a synopsis of your dragon novel? :D

Author Scott Appleton said...

I do have a synopsis, however--what if I sent you my "Teaser" for the book? Basically I'll e-mail you the first six chapters. The only catch is: I want to hear what you think of them . . . whether you like them or not!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes! Yes! Please do! That would be awesome!! That's even better than a synopsis! I think my email address is in my profile *goes to check*

Hehe, it is now :)

I have to warn you, I'm a slow reader (just ask Mr. Davis), but I will let you know once I've read them :D

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.