Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Specter" in Color


It's coming along now! Keep in mind that this is only rough color. But it certainly is dark . . . the perfect contrast to the other art pieces. Does this draw you in? It also looks like AMG Publishers is leaning toward giving me a contract. Their acquisitions editor said they are "finalizing" things and will get back to me. They had two more people pre-read Swords of the Six and both of them gave an overwhelming rating. I'm heading down to TN end of next week and will be staying with Bryan Davis for a couple of days and work on my second novel. Also, AMG Publishers wants me to stop in and meet everyone at their office, so I will be going there as well. A lot may be happening in this next month. Pray with me that I will get a contract to my liking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the picture looks great! Definately pulls you in. We'll continue to pray. :)
Kelley

Anonymous said...

I love this one!!
Brian

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.