Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Catawissa, Missouri

With Indiana behind us, I drove through Illinois on our way to Missouri. The scenery was beautiful. You can see my little trailer in the mirror in this picture as I cruise along (bored but still having fun while my wife snoozes in the passenger seat... She's 9-weeks-pregnant).
Kelley woke up a few times (just kidding, I exagerate a little) she snapped this photo of the St. Louis arch... Gateway to the West.
And now we're staying in Catawissa, Missouri with Robert Treskillard and his family. That's (right to left) Robert, Leighton, and Me. It is really refreshing to be in the company of another writer again. I've felt a bit drained the last couple weeks, but now my steam is coming back. Praise God!



1 comment:

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Sounds like things are going well :) Be careful what you eat though ;)

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.