Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

Exciting Tour Results!


A lot has happened since I left my home state of Connecticut in November '09. I've sold around 1,600-copies of my self-published novel, published P.M.M. Green's The Fairy's Ruby Cage through my company, and now (as you can see from the picture above) the cover for Kestrel's Midnight Song is finished. I am anticipating a release date for this book sometime in September of this year.

For those of you interested, I've also started a new blog www.FlamingPenPress.blogspot.com to accomodate quicker updates on my publishing company's progress.

Now that my first three books will be published through AMG Publishers (www.amgpublishers.com) I will have three books published in the next two years, maybe even less time than that.

I'm in Atlanta, GA at this time. I've had two sell-out signings already and I have a crazy full itinerary for the next month-and-a-half. I met a Christian artist down here and he is phenomenal! He has agreed to work on my books' cover art. His name is Dion Williams and his site is www.artworkbydw.com I am going to use him for all my covers, if AMG Publishers agrees to it. I'm confident they will because he is a Christian artist and superbly talented... and I'm going to offer to pay for the artwork out of my pocket because good art is very important to my books. Dion has started cover art for my second novel and when he is finished I'll post it for everyone to see!

God is opening doors. I pray he'll guide me to influence the world to Christ as I live out the dream he gave me.

4 comments:

Fair Maiden said...

SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm so excited!!!!!

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Keep on living the dream my friend :) God's gonna do great things. Always has, always will :)

Hannah Nicole said...

AWESOME! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds great Scott, I want to hear all about the new artist!
I'm already loving his name "Dion"...it's like Celine! (:
Brian
(I started a new page on my blog for racehorse biographies, I'd love it if you could check it out and tell me what you think)

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.