Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

artist Kerem Beyit Cover art for "The Sword of the Dragon: OFFSPRING"

It has been an up and down year in regard to searching for the right artist to illustrate the cover for my second novel, the sequel to Swords of the Six. For personal reasons the artist I had given the job decided to opt out. So I started looking around for someone who could achieve a fantastic job in a professional way and short period of time.

Early this year I worked with Halil Ural to get a cover image for J.R. Parker's novel. Halil was apprenticed to established fantasy artist Kerem Beyit. So I approached Kerem and he agreed to do the piece. It is turning out fantastic. Kerem Beyit is from Turkey and you can see a host of his work at http://www.theartofkerembeyit.com/

Here is his preliminary sketch for my book cover (I think it is the best version yet!)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I love the new design of the blog by the way. Looking forward to Offspring!

Author Scott Appleton said...

There will be a number of changes to the heroine, but mostly just her clothing. But it is looking awesome!

Unknown said...

Preliminary sketch? I can't imagine what the finished picture will look like! Wow!

Izori said...

That's a sketch? Wow.

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Wow Scott....just wow.

Jaw dropping art there man! I can't imagine what this would have looked like with the megatrath haha

Is he going to do the SOTS cover too? I wanna see him draw that concept you were talking about lol

Author Scott Appleton said...

LOL I've had nothing but very positive feedback on this piece. I guess he was a good choice!

Author Scott Appleton said...

Nathan,
I don't think so. Unfortunately I just can't afford it at this time. I like the original anyway, and I'd like to put my money toward a nice piece for book 3

Nathan R. Petrie said...

@Scott, sounds good :D If you add the antique thing over this piece I suppose it would look similar, enough, to the SOTS pic. :)

Author Scott Appleton said...

Keep in mind that AMG will probably use an entirely different cover designer... the image will be the same but the design will likely change.

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.