Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Plainfield Central School in Connecticut

It seems like forever since last I spoke at a school. Today my wife and I went to Plainfield Central School. Literally five minutes down the road from where we are currently living. I don't know how many students I spoke to. I estimate in the vicinity of five hundred. They brought through the sixth through eighth grades.
Next week I am returning to this school to do a creative writing class. I've instructed the students who desire to participate to bring a 250-word fiction piece with them. I will be critiquing their writing and offering advice for improvment. This I greatly look forward to!
Tomorrow I will be working on my third novel. The word-count has passed 46,000 and I am extremely pleased with how "The Key of Living Fire" is turning out! I am expecting to hear from AMG Publishers this week, in particular regarding the particular release dates of my novels.
. . . more coming on that later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW those kids are lucky!

Nathan R. Petrie said...

That is so cool! I love when authors do that. And, I can assure you, the kids that really are into it will LOVE it! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

You're probably there as I type this LOL

Congrats on nearing the 50K mark!

Praying for you!

-Nathan

Unknown said...

I agree with Nathan, anyone who wants to do the class is going to have a ton of fun.

Also wanted to let you know that this morning I officially decided to admit Swords of the Six into the grand "Seth Reid Christian Fantasy Hall of Fame"! It's a really big honor lol jk. But really it's one of my favorite books now.

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.