Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Strange moments in the sentimental zone

I just had the strangest thing happen to me, well, I think it was strange. The timing was too perfect, so I think it was a God-sent test.

I grew up in a rural home in northeast Connecticut and I have always had this dream of buying back that house someday if it ever became available. Today I found out that the house is on the market for a great price. It caused a wild rage of emotion. I deeply wanted to make it happen: buy the house so that my wife and I could raise our kids in the same surroundings I so loved in my growing up years. But as many of you know, God has led my wife and I to set out Full-Timing in an RV motorhome. It seems like the timing of this was perfectly tuned to test my resolve as to what I would put first: the spiritual benefits to the lifestyle we've chosen, or settling down in a comfortable house. It was a battle for me to stick to my conviction that materialism can stand between my family and God.

But my wonderful wife (even though she was as tempted as I was by the promise of stability) reminded me of the reasons we are going to RV. I am so thankful to God for her.

Come 2015 we will be hitting the road on non-stop book tour and neither of us can wait. We have been hunting for the right RV and researching like crazy. Here is our favorite so far: 2008 Damon Astoria Bunkhouse Pacific Edition

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.