Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

One Year Devotional for Fathers and Sons

I'm not sure exactly how this came to be, but the recent encouragement I received from several Christians has led me to start writing a book I did not intend. It is a 365-day devotional for fathers and sons and will deal with a wide array of subjects with encouragement from Scriptures.

The pitfalls of my own life, sins I fell into and unwise choices I made, have resulted in innumerable notes and short articles that I have only shared with a few immediate family members. Other choices I've made have benefited me and those around me greatly. I pray God gives me wisdom to create a string of devotions that will get fathers and sons talking to each other openly about the issues they face. As well, I hope it will be of great encouragement to these men.

A couple of title ideas are battling for supremacy on the forthcoming book. I would love to know which title stands out to you! I am putting this up on a poll on the blog's sidebar as well.

Title options are:
  1. The Countercultural Devotional: One Year for Fathers and Sons
  2. The Good Fight of Faith: One Year of Devotions for Fathers and Sons
By the way, if you have other title ideas or suggested changes, please voice them!

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.