Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tell one character's story at a time?

The challenge I have when writing is to focus on one portion of the story at a time and one character's point-of-view at a time. I am not a great multi-tasker. I can do it, but I am at my strongest when I focus on one thing at a time, placing my greatest energies into accomplishing it.

While you're waiting check out Neverqueen!
When I wrote Swords of the Six, Offspring, and Key of Living Fire I told the stories from multiple characters' points of view. But in Neverqueen I focused mostly on Violet's story. The result was a focused story arc that I found easier to write.

Currently I am chipping away at In Search of Dragons. Ilfedo is the focal point in this story. He has left some of his grief behind and is greatly focused on preserving the heritage and future of his nation.

The great search for the dragon Venom-fier has begun!

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.