Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Web-focused marketing

It seems that I have always enjoyed learning. Whether it is reading a new book, going to new places, or meeting new people. Now, it seems, I have hit a new learning curve in my author/writing career. After a long discussion with my agent, I have decided to focus my marketing efforts online for the foreseeable future. Does this meant that I will not be holding book signings? No. Definitely not. As a matter of fact I have a signing this weekend:
Henny Penny gas station, Madison CT, 1-5pm this Saturday

Moving forward, I will have a professional website designed and will be creating some study materials for youth groups. I need to narrow my marketing focus instead of trying to hit everyone. So I will be focusing on my bulk audience/most receptive readers; the Christian teens. I am very excited about this as it has the potential to enlarge my following in stronger, more spiritual ways.

Web savvy does not describe me, so please pray that I will have wisdom in learning and disciplining myself to maximize my use of the web to spread the word about my books.

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.