Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My shoes

Yep, this is a post about my shoes. Well, this is about what my shoes represent in the context of my writing career.

I realized that I have had the same dress shoes since I was in my teens. Yep, I think my parents bought these Dockers for me when I was fifteen. Remarkably they are still comfortable, and I have never used insoles in them. The leather still looks great, and the soles show only moderate wear.

Just as these shoes were crafted to endure the test of time, so I am working to craft stories that will endure. Not through their entertainment elements only, but I pray they will be treasured for their spiritual benefit by generations to come. A story can be a simple tale, if the writer wants it to be (or allows it to be) or it can become much more.

As you read Swords of the Six, Offspring, Key of Living Fire (and the other books that will be coming in the next few years) look for elements of my "soul" in the writing. My heart, my passion for stories comes from a creative God and I want to make them the best they can be.

What sticks out in your mind as a timeless story?

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.