Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Breather

With the wedding behind me and most of the driving, I'm veging out in Lexington, NC. Since I don't have wireless access, I will be unable to add photos to this post, but when I return home in a couple of days I will be doing so. I have a couple nice pictures of Stone Mountain in GA, and Amber Hill emailed me the finallized "Specter" bookmark illustration. Many of you already know that my car broke down prior to leaving CT. Brian was generous, lending his car for my use on this trip. So, automotive repairs are at the top of my priority list when I get home. I am also going to quit the camera shop and work at the Frito Lay factory for a while. It's not my favorite idea, but I can use the money for car repairs, and for another illustration for my book (which I have begun discussing with Amber.) The rest is going to pay off a loan, and to build my savings. During that time I will continue writing for ReminderNews. Also, April 19th is my sister Laura's wedding. 2008 is looking like an interesting year. Please pray that I will be full of creative energy to continue my writing while holding a full-time, and a part-time job. I need to finish edits on "Swords of the Six" so that I can get back to writing the sequel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're having a good breather before heading back. I'll definitely keep those things in prayer for you. Especially the creativity. :)
Kelley

Unknown said...

I must say that I am utterly shocked that Brian would do such a nice thing for you. ;) J/K I will continue to pray for safety of travels and divine appointments along the way - that you may minister the Truth of the gospel to others. I am very much looking forward to visiting with the Appleton family in about 17 days. So exciting!!! :)

TTYL,
Shayna

Unknown said...

It just dawned on me that you'd be driving up the east coast this week! Too bad you're probably home already, you could've stopped off in Lynchburg VA...

Aye, Breathers are nice :) I could use one...

Author Scott Appleton said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Tony, as well! It's going to be great having you guys up here, Shayna! Is Matt going to make it? I haven't seen him in ages.

Author Scott Appleton said...

Hey Connie,
Too bad neither of us thought of that sooner! It would have been fun meeting you face-to-face. It would have made for an easier drive, too. I drove almost 13 hours straight from NC to CT. Maybe next time?

Unknown said...

Hehe, definitely next time :-P And too bad you won't be able to attend the DioM party in NJ in May :-(

Author Scott Appleton said...

Yea, but unfortunately, Connie, one trip per few months is as much as my finances can handle at the moment. I'd love to go, but I've got to set money aside for my own book tours and such. I'll be doing factory work for six months or so, that should boost my savings considerably.

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.