Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow-days

Hey, readers take note: my blog has 50 followers. I feel like saying it took long enough, but I know that's because I don't spend as much time hunting other people's blogs. I'm too busy writing and promoting my book (-:

Today I went to another middle school. I spoke with a large group of kids (somewhere between 100 and 150, I think). Then the falling snow started sticking to the ground and they cancelled school for the day! I'm beginning to really see that it is true what people say; the southern US is not used to snow. This is at least the second time that snow ruined what could have been a great signing day.

...Ah well, I am back there tomorrow and the weather looks good for it.

1 comment:

Rachel Danielle said...

The snow keeps coming back here. Once all turns green- all turns white. It takes me forever to get followers too. But I feel a bit sorry for those people that have hundreds and hundreds. They don't get to experience the thrill every time their blog has a new reader. :)

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.