Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wrapping up GA tour


Well, the time is almost here. Monday my wife and I will be leaving Georgia and heading to North Carolina for the next leg of our tour. I was telling her today that I remember looking at this tour in November/December and the end felt so far off. Time has flown, partly due to the success I've met with.

The last two days I've made visits to Oconee County Middle School. So far I haven't sold as many books as I normally do, but I have met a number of new fans, including readers who raved about Swords of the Six. I've been enjoying my visits there and will make a final stop there on Friday. Tomorrow I have a follow-up visit to Peachtree Charter Middle School (where I sold 71-books in one morning). I'm curious to see how many more kids will stop in and get a book tomorrow. The reception there was quite phenomenal.
On another note, totally unrelated to my book events and writing, I wanted to include this picture of my wife. She is really starting to show now and I'm getting very excited. It'll be nice to have a little one... She doesn't think this is the best phot but I like it! (-:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great pictures...Kelley is really starting to show!! (:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.