Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Boyscouts' sleepover @ Dodd Stadium

There wasn't a huge crowd at Dodd Stadium for tonight's game, but I had a whole lot of fun signing books there. I sold 26... not bad at all! Great actually!
I met a couple fans who are eagerly waiting for my second novel, having already read the first one. It is exciting to see the anticipation and energy building around my books. God is blessing!
I am way in the background in this photo with a bunch of my family and the Tigers baseball team mascot. He wandered from spot to spot among the bleachers and the suites shooting his super-soaker at whomever he chose! So much fun (-:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a busy guy! Looks like a fun venue for a book signing. Glad to hear the book world is treating you well.

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.