Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Canterbury Library Booksigning

Thursday night I set up for another booksigning, this one in my hometown library . . . It was the most successful event thus far. Not only did we sell a number of novels, but two ladies came because they had already read Swords of the Six and wanted copies to give to friends. Both of them highly praised Swords of the Six and asked when they can expect the second novel in The Sword of the Dragon series. I've been getting feedback from other readers as well . . . and it is all good!

I owe many thanks to Canterbury's staff. Head-librarian Marion has known me for years and she has been a champion for my writing career. Thanks Marion for a wonderful event!

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.