Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Sunday, May 3, 2009

At the Killingly Public Library

I met this new young fan at my recent signing at the Killingly Library. Apparently he was so eager to get the book that he asked his father to rush him from the bus to the library to catch me before I left. We only sold two books that day, but this meeting with a new reader made the trip worth while and really made my day! As he left the building with book in hand, he flipped it open and started reading as he walked to the car. …It brought to memory many times that I had buried my head in a new book at his age.

No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.