Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Saturday, May 2, 2009

In the Writer's Mind

"What is it like to have all those stories inside your head?" How often I've been asked that question and how often I've told readers that my imagination is always building upon ideas that I am bursting to write down. It can be wearisome and it is certainly a distraction, but overall it is something I relish. During long hours at work the stories are bursting to be written. The pain my characters feel over a loss, or the exuberance of victory over evil or hardship... it is marvelous. God performed one of his kindest blessings when he created human imagination. Mine is constantly active to the point that I have to pull myself out of it sometimes in order to live in the real world. The world of Osira continuously turns in my mind. I can see it, far off in some unexplored corner of the universe. It hides amidst a miriad of fantastic stars and an explorer wanders past, unaware of all that transpires on the world below. Once, in the distant past, a ship blasted away from that world with a dragon on board and in command. But now the past civilizations are buried beneath the desert sands of Resgeria and other lands. Now new civilizations have been established and the ancient power of Living Fire is contained within the sword of Ilfedo. ...and the story only grows, deepens, twisting through the strands of imagination, feeding on it. I write because I must. I write because the stories will not be silent.

1 comment:

ElizabethMarieKauffman said...

I know exactly how this feels! I currently have over 10 stories rolling through my brain I believe. . . . And the number is constantly growing, with every interesting dream, with every time I allow my brain to wander to some unknown realm. . . . Ahhh! What an adventure it is to be a writer!!

Assr lei∂r ykkarr or∂.

~ElizabethOfMena~

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.