Come on over to the New Website: AUTHORAPPLETON.com

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Woodstock Fair Event-day 3

Hello again on the end of another very long day. But blessed with success; I sold over 70 books again! Also, I met a very interesting man who is in charge of a large Fantasy/Sci-Fi convention held yearly in Hartford CT. He invited me to participate in next year's convention, possibly as a speaker. They had 6500 people this year... so it sounds like a great opportunity.Pictured here is another new fan who I hope enjoys the novel as much as another reader from a stand near mine (he's already on page 15 and loving it!) I also received terrific feedback from a couple readers who picked up my book at previous signings and one from the high school where I did a 2-hour presentation. People say they love Swords of the Six and are eager to read the second novel.

Tomorrow will be the 4th and Final day of the Woodstock Fair. I'm hoping to sell a lot of books by the time it closes at 8 o'clock. If God is in it, I will! But I thank Him for giving me so much success thus far. It's amazing how great I feel now that I've left the night job and am doing this full-time. I can't wait to write a couple more short stories for magazines... I have missed that and my novel writing!



No comments:

WELCOME TO THE WRITING SITE OF SCOTT APPLETON

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24

In a world where morality is forsaken and Christ neglected, wholesome books are uncommon. The themes of my writing are love, self-sacrifice, and honor.

I see my generation turning from God to the gods of this world. I see homes torn apart in the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification. Children are murdered by the millions every year . . . without ever seeing the world outside their mothers' wombs. Through fiction I strive to encourage those who are willing, to stand against these things and be heroes and heroines; chivalrous, gentle, full of righteous indignation, and the fear and love of their Creator.